3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Our client is looking for a motivated and experienced 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer to join their dynamic team. The 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer will be supporting the current infrastructure and will have a strong technical background with traditional BAU support in an ITIL environment.
Key responsibilities of the 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
- Manage incident and service request tickets, ensuring tasks are dealt with within SLA.
- To work in accordance with the ITIL framework and our client’s governance standards ensuring that areas such as change control, incident and problem management, asset management, continual service improvement, and security best practice are considered and always followed.
- To be prepared to provide flexible support for scheduled changes, upgrades or troubleshooting after hours or at weekends if required.
- Monitor key health signs of the infrastructure and respond to actual or predicted issues within SLA and with the minimum impact to business operation.
- Continually look for areas for improvements in technologies and processes, and to proactively take steps to bring about positive change.
- Participate in investigations & remediation of any reported Security vulnerabilities or Security breaches.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery initiatives including regular testing and ensure skills and knowledge across systems are maintained in order to assist with DR invocation.
- Implementation of infrastructure design and build best practices.
- Participates in technical design reviews and contribute to infrastructure task estimates and reviews.
- Help to drive technical enhancements across system real estate, proactively identifying areas for improvement
- Raise concerns if requests will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues.
- Implementation of architectural and technical best practices to improve the overall quality and speed of infrastructure deployment.
- Collaborates with peers, architects, and other key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business requirements on larger delivery items.
- Creation of documentation to reflect existing systems, infrastructure & processes including the creation of Technical Design Documents. Also to ensure that such documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
- Work with the Architecture, Security, and Development teams to understand overall technical direction.
- Build excellent working relationships with key stakeholders across the department and wider business, and to communicate effectively with audiences of all technical ability & understanding.
Key Experience for the 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
- Solid experience in the IT Industry
- Solid experience of working with a secure regulated infrastructure and of implementing measures such as security patching, anti-virus, network segregation and firewalls
- Experience in the development, implementation, maintenance and communication of technical policies, strategies and approaches.
- Experience of working with 3rd parties and co-hosted data centres
- Experience of working in an ITL environment desirable
- Solid understanding and ability to apply best practice network and infrastructure standards
- Time management and estimating skills
- Microsoft Windows technologies (Including installation, Active Directory, WDS, DNS, DHCP, DFSR, Group Policy)
- Virtualisation (VMWARE and Vsphere)
- High level of skills in TCP/IP Networking (including VLANs, VPN, routing, DNS)
- Thin client technologies (RDS/Citrix)
- IT and Cyber Security measures (e.g. firewalls, antivirus, security patching, IDP/IDS)
- Load balancing technologies (e.g. F5, Barracuda, NLB)
Please apply as directed!