IT Desktop Support Engineer – £34000 – £38000 – London
Our client is looking for an IT Desktop Support Engineer to join their fantastic company on a permanent basis. The successful Desktop Support Engineer will need an in-depth knowledge of providing support to major systems implementations, hands on desktop and other technical support work for internal staff and for collaborators.
Some of the main duties of the IT Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Acting as a member of the IT team in providing strategic IT direction for the business and operational support of IT infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Assisting with overseeing the security aspects of the company / project IT set-up including websites that may be hosted internally or externally.
- Proactive assistance with the systems implementations projects to assist with a smooth implementation and roll out.
- Providing Desktop / Laptop support including the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365 products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers and others as assigned.
- Providing investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware / software problems. When unable to resolve, escalating in accordance with Help Desk escalation processes.
- Maintaining overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Providing initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Managing service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Recording incident resolutions in the Help Desk tool.
- Support of VoIP telephony and Android mobile phones.
- Working with TCP/IP and resolving general networking issues
- Assisting in the facilitation of workshops / training for Applications, Desktop environment, IT tools etc.
In order to be the successful IT Desktop Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experienced in providing superior customer service and support
- Experience of working within a technical support position, covering Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and various business applications within a fast-paced business environment.
- Proven experience of 1st/2ndand 3rd line infrastructure support
- Proven knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques.
- Proven experience of VoIP telephony systems.
- Proven experience of Mobile phone support.
- Proven experience of network technologies.
- Stays current with developments in new technologies and platforms.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Desktop Support Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don’t miss out!