1 Year FTC
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Procurement Officer to join their dynamic procurement department. If you are a self-starter who can hit the ground running and are looking to advance your career in procurement in a thriving and supportive workplace, apply today. The Procurement Officer will be confident and friendly and have worked in a similar environment.
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- Selection and negotiating of new and existing supplier contracts, running RFQ’s and sourcing initiatives around the group.
- Ensure the timely renewal of all contract and services
- Maintaining market intelligence through contact with various companies and independent sources of information to give the widest choice of options possible.
- Liaising with approved suppliers and running service reviews and audit of key suppliers
- Provide and assist with key procurement spend reports
- Raising purchase order with preferred suppliers
- Provide assistance to other department in relation to procurement matters
Key Experience for the Procurement Officer
- Experience in a similar purchasing (business) environment
- Knowledge of commercial contracts
- Experience of purchasing procedures and systems
- CIPS qualification Level 3 minimum or commitment to study towards
- Good written and verbal communication
- Keen to learn and develop further a career in purchasing
- Professional approach and flexible attitude
- Willingness to provide assistance to other members of staff
- Organised and methodical approach
- Able to work on own initiative and undertake unsupervised work
Experience of working within non for-profit sector would be an advantage, and previous procurement experience is essential. Naturally, you have the ability to work autonomously, have a good working knowledge of excel and procurement processes and be an excellent communicator with a high level of attention to detail.
Our Client is a Disability Confident Employer. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. Please advise us if you consider yourself to have a disability.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please apply as directed!