Our client offers fantastic benefits for the 3rd Line Network Engineer including… hybrid working, 26 days holiday + bank holidays and a day for Birthday and a social and collaborative culture.
Responsibilities for the 3rd Line Network Engineer –
- Provide technical support for incoming customer support queries and escalations from 1st/2nd Line NOC Engineers.
- Take ownership and effectively manage through to resolution high-level escalation Incidents, Problem Tickets and Major Incidents.
- Liaising with customers for any other purpose related to the support of the customer service.
- To mentor and aid in the development of 2nd/3rd line engineers through knowledge transfer.
- Receive and review CVEs; assess scope of impact and mitigation plan.
- Performing a highly proactive role in monitoring and maintaining systems.
- Investigating and troubleshooting network availability and application problems.
- Utilise prescribed software and tools to manage the progress of a fault/incident from inception/alert through to successful resolution and closure, including post-incident documentation and reporting.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a very strong enthusiasm for IT and computing.
- At least 2 years previous helpdesk service experience required.
- Cisco and Juniper qualification required, minimum CCNP & JNCIS.
- Strong understanding of Routing and Switching (e.g. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, L3VPN, L2VPN and VPLS technologies).
- Previous experience working on a Service Provider core network preferable.
- Experience with Security products (e.g. Cisco NGFW, Fortinet, Juniper SRX, ISE)
- Experience with Meraki.
- Experience with 3G/4G Routers.
- Previous experience supporting VOIP solutions.
- Understanding of CVEs and how to assess the scope of impact.
Please apply as directed!