Our client is looking for a Buyer to join their category team to support the end-to-end process across your designated category. The Buyer will handle various suppliers and deliver improvements within cost and quality. The ideal Buyer will need to come from an electronics/engineering/manufacturing/production or supply chain buying background and will be extremely organised.
This role will be based 5 days in the office located in Pulborough.
Key Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Create and distribute weekly reports to specific supply chain partners to ensure all responses and data are entered into the company's ERP system.
- Analyse exception messages from ERP systems and place orders to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery.
- Creation of document packages (electronics) supporting custom part orders (drawings, BOMs, Gerber files, etc.) ready for submission to supply chain partners.
- Manage your supplier selection to control inventory and ensure timely material flow.
- Develop practical knowledge of raw materials and associated supplier base. Have a good working knowledge of the required ERP system.
- Ability and willingness to work the required hours and travel as needed to meet all project deadlines.
- Provide ideas to management so that necessary process improvements can be implemented.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Experience Required for the Buyer:
- Results Oriented – comfortable delivering against bold and stretching targets
- Adequate educational standards and computer skills.
- Experience in a buying role eg. electronics/engineering/manufacturing/production or supply chain buying background
- Builds and maintains relationships that incorporate cooperation, trust, and respect by devoting the appropriate time and energy to facilitate business transactions.
- Uphold the values ??of the organization, act with integrity and ethics in all circumstances, and always treat others with respect and consideration, regardless of status or status.
- Actively communicate and express ideas and concerns, both verbally and in writing, in both positive and negative situations. Actively listens, pays due attention when others are speaking, gives verbal and non-verbal cues of interest, asks questions to clarify, and ensures understanding In other words.
- Competent with procurement systems, ideally having used these in current/previous employment
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible business relationships