This will involve ensuring management, employees and contractors comply with the correct operation of the established systems and developing company policies and improvement plans to achieve best practice with respect to HSE issues in the UK.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor:
- Monitoring health and safety risks and hazard in the workplace, instigating a schedule of planned and proactive risk assessment activity.
- Creating and maintaining health and safety and environmental management system documentation and policies.
- Advising management and employees on how to minimise risks and hazards associated with workplace undertaking.
- Advising management and employees on environmental issues, promoting energy conservation, sustainability, recycling and waste management.
- Investigating incidents affecting pollution, waste contamination and waste management.
- NEBOSH Certificate is required as a minimum.
- Operational health and safety management ideally in an electronics manufacturing/design environment for SMEs.
- ISO14001 and ISO45001 Environmental, Health and Safety Standards and associated Management Systems.
- Wide ranging and latest knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislations