This role requires a strong technical background, with an all-round knowledge of using audio-visual equipment in the corporate event environment. In particular, you will need to demonstrate experience of working at conferences, congresses and award shows.
Key Responsibilities for the AV Technical Manager
- Responsible for planning, managing and overseeing technical and scenic installations at events taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal.
- Advise Account Managers on more complex technical elements of live events
- You will be accountable for producing technical schematics, cable calls and floor plans
- Help to calculate and plan crew and logistics in conjunction with the Operations Department, including technical crew, local crew, teams, and vehicles
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the rig and de-rig of LED jobs
- Previous extensive experience as a live event AV technician is essential; this might be as an employee of an events AV company, within a venue, or, as a freelance technician.
- End to end technical project management experience in live events is essential.
- Good understanding of event power, cable runs and event-based health and safety
- Understanding of virtual events and associated technologies
- CAD skills (deciphering and creating) in Vectorworks or equivalent CAD program
- Ability to confidently calculate lens throws, lighting angles, weight loads, speaker dispersion, power draws, sight lines, floor load restrictions etc
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical and other project related issues under pressure